New
Find
Notify
Tools

9.3 X 57
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just came into a 9.3 X 57 mauser and was wondering if it is best to neck up 8mm brass for the 9.3 or to buy 9.3 brass to start with. I have both a 8mm and 9.3 so could kill 2 birds with one stone if I use 8mm necked up to 9.3.
Am I thinking right or way off base?

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I would simplify logistics and use 8mm brass if you don't care about the headstamp. Not much danger of getting them mixed up.

Posts: 17295 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tom, that's my thinking too.

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
This trader seems to put 9.3x57 Norma cases up for auction fairly regularly. Either has a few of them or they do not sell. Does indicate in the auction notes that there are not many left now so must have a few. Would be good brass to have.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/sport...ction-1224059056.htm

Posts: 3914 | Location: Rolleston, Christchurch, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
9.3X57 Norma brass used to be in stock with Graffs.

I buy them here in NZ from the source Eagle referred to.

I use it for fire forming into 9.5X57 MS ammo as the MS cases are no longer made.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11254 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
I have a boatload of both and absolutely no difference in either performance-wise. I have a different opinion of 9.3 x 62 because base diameter is slightly different but that's another discussion.

Posts: 11142 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A common practice is to rechamber the 57s to 9.3x62s and then ya have real gun! tu2

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote