New
Find
Notify
Tools

Retumbo VS 50 BMG accuracy/velocity??
 Login/Join

<shaydorosh@sk.sympatico.c>
posted
Hi,I shoot my sako TRG chambered in 30-378 wby,And have been loading 120grs 50 BMG 165 nosler ballistic tips. and am probaly getting around the 3350fps range,Has anybody tried the Retumbo powder,Hodgson is claiming velocities of 50-100fps more,Is it as accurate and what about pressures from this new powder. I've read loads with 165gr speers and 115grs retumbo in the 3500+ range out of a 26 inch tube with no pressures. before I go out and track some of this stuff down,I would like some reviews or suggestions. Thanks

<kidcoltoutlaw>
posted
retumbo is in the new sierra book.let me know what you find out.im going to try it in the 338 rum when i find it,thanks,keith

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've used a ton of the stuff in my 7mm Ultra Mag and so far it has delivered the best accuracy and velocity of anything I have used in that caliber. It also seems to be temp insensitive just as the manufacturer claims. I have shot it from below zero to the high 90s with no noticable difference in velocity. It also leaves a very clean barrel.

Posts: 400 | Location: Murfreesboro,TN,USA | Registered: 16 January 2002Reply With Quote