THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This MAY turn out to be important news....
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted
Just got my shareholders info for the upcoming Olin annual meeting.

It starts out by mentioning that they are going OUT OF the metals business...including brass, and are going to concentrate on their chlor-alkalai business(es) as being more profitable.

At the same time it says that will also give them more time/money to beef up their "Winchester business". I have no idea what that means, but suspect it means they will quit making brass roll stock commonly used by outfits like Hornady for bullet and cartridge case manufacture. (They currently supply Hornady and many others with both brass and luballoy.)

As to the Winchester part, I don't know whether they are talking about improved "brand management", or the Winchester ammo business(es).

Maybe you guys know, or can find out? I am not going to go back to the stockholders meeting just to find out. (I try not to go east of the Mississippi for ANY reason, but certainly not for a stockholders meeting....not because I have anything agsinst The East, but I have had two commercial airliners burn up beneath my feet [one in the U.S. and one in Canada] and I'm sure not gonna risk a third time.)

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
word is that this cerbus (sp?) outfit that owns remington, bushmaster etc. is wanting to buy a ammo company (also a handgun company) - could be a connection

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote