Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of DUKE NUKEM
posted
How are you

Posts: 1073 | Registered: 10 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You have options of saving them for possible use, shooting them off, or listing them in classifieds somewhere.

If you don't anticipate using them I'd list them for sale, a bit under the retail price. Armslist is O.K. for a free listing.

NRA(Life),Veteran, RMEF,RGS,DU

Posts: 49 | Location: WI | Registered: 31 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Duke,
There should be someone on here that needs them. Try the classifieds....

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had some I used for fireforming cases...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14603 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
how much do you want for all of them? You can PM me if you prefer.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What is Barnes 'reason' that they can no longer be sold ?

Posts: 37 | Location: Texas | Registered: 03 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Governmental bullshit,to put it mildly. The atf is classifying them as armor piercing and Barnes has submitted a formal appeal. No word on a decision, but no more can be sent from the factory. Dealers that have them can sell them.

With prices and demand I have seen, full retail is about the minimum they are worth at this point. Some have sold for double or more.

Posts: 2851 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Heat
posted Hide Post
Hang on to them. You have plenty, shoot some of them.

Ken....

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so. " - Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5386 | Location: Phoenix Arizona | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DUKE NUKEM:
I'm tired of fooling with these. I here the trash truck the next block over. At least I won't have these just sitting around anymore.............

OUCH!!! Frowner

Posts: 408 | Location: Johannesburg, RSA | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bren7X64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rikkie:
quote:
Originally posted by DUKE NUKEM:
I'm tired of fooling with these. I here the trash truck the next block over. At least I won't have these just sitting around anymore.............

OUCH!!! Frowner

PM sent

--
Promise me, when I die, don't let my wife sell my guns for what I told I her I paid for them.

Posts: 1048 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: 03 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
So, how much do you want for them my good man?

They should go well with the .458 Caliber Barnes TSX bullets I got at the Cabela's Bargain Cave a couple of months ago and I have faith that Barnes will be able to make them again.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
I would hang onto them and use them in my hunting.

They are nearly ideal for killing even the smallest deer with shoulder joint shots. Deer-size game is not heavy enough to cause the bullets to either "set-up" or rupture their jackets. So, they will very nicely shoot clear through the deer. And there is a lot of vital life sustaining equipment right in between the deer's shoulders.

Nice thing is, because they don't expand, they don't ruin hardly any meat, but the hole is still large enough to let out a whole lot of blood. As Keith used to say so often, "You can eat right up to the hole."

It would let you enjoy using and enjoying your .458 again. No deer is going to run off with the ball joint of one shoulder broken and a .45 hole in his other side.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote