New
Find
Notify
Tools

Data 2200 powder
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Ever heard of it? Is it still available?

Posts: 3097 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With Quote
<Multi Vis>
posted
It was sold thru Accurate powder and was a import that was made for loading the 7.62x39.
Its burning rate is close to 4198 or maybe a little faster. Its a ball powder and pretty dirty. All sold out for some time now. I bought 16lbs.of the stuff for use in 223 but dont like it that much so far.:::::MV

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GSF1200:
Ever heard of it? Is it still available?

All The guys around here use and like this powder. Works great in 221 Fireball,223, 22 PPC,and 222 cases. Unfortunatly we can not get any more as it was surplus powder. When we heard of this we bought up all we could find. It was very cheap and if you can find it get it.Ter

Posts: 89 | Location: Baker City, Ore | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have used some in a .223 and would place it just a little slower than 4198. It is too slow for my .22 K-Hornet. Haven't had any problems with dirty burning, but this is probably an acedemic subject since it appears to be off the market now. It was manufactured in Easter Europe, the Czech Republic I think.

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was curious, because I saw some data that had some impressive velocity in the .458Win

Posts: 3097 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With Quote
<El Viejo>
posted
I just saw an add for some in Shotgun News. Podervallyinc.com has it for $47 for 8#.
I was thinking of getting some for my 5.56mm

Comments?

------------------
Never teach a pig to sing.
It wastes your time and annoys the pig

<Big Stick>
posted
I bought 24lbs and have just finished initial load development.

I wanted it to feed my three 223Ackley's,for fire forming loads. What I expected,was much different than what was realized. I expected fickle results,low loading densities and the possibility of some "wildish" pressure spikes,due to the reported burning rate and accompanying load data.

My lot of 2200 is MUCH slower than the data indicates,which is a very good thing,as it is now much more versatile in application.

28.0grs of 2200,in R/P 223 Commercial brass,yields 3295fps,with a 50gr moly R/P bulk SP bullet in my 24" 223Ackley(while case forming). That is a smidge slower than H-335 and tickles me to no end. Accuracy is very good,it is quite consistent and accuracy came easy.

I'm going to order the last 32lbs from that vendor and shoot it with a grin..............