New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mail order powder
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Where is a good place to deal with when ordering powder as far as price and service goes? It's getting too expensive buying it one lb. at a time locally. Thanks, Rojelio.

Posts: 495 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 13 November 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Natchez Shooters Supply or Weidners in TN.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Powder Valley. Look thme up on the net and then save up an order or split an order with friends. Fast and good service is their hallmark. Ed

Posts: 161 | Location: Seattle - temporarily! | Registered: 04 September 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
regardless of where you buy powder, remember that you will have to pay a hazmat charge on it, so the more you can buy the less per pound the hazmat will figure out to, thus line up some friends and try for at least 25#'s

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Check out www.Grafs.com

They will pay the HAZ-MAT charge ( $25.00 ) on orders of 32 LBS. purchased in 8 LB kegs.

If you do not need this much powder, get some other reloaders to combine orders with you.

The HAZ-MAT fee for 1 LB. is $20.00 just the same as up to 50 LBS.
So buy alot when you order.

Travis F.

one of us
Picture of acsteele
posted Hide Post
Powder Valley

Of course, I live about 10 miles away, so it's a no brainer.
If you folks want, I'll post here if we ge a chance to take a vacation. That way, if we are anywhere close, I'll just bring it and save ya the hazmat fees.
Also, If anybody plans to be in the Wichita (or maybe Tulsa) area, you buy the lunch, and I'll bring the powder.

Merry Christmas!

Posts: 609 | Location: South-central KS | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you're interested in using milsurp powders, you can buy 4 jugs, mix or match, from Dan at Hi-Tech Ammo and He'll absorb the HAZ-MAT. Jeff Bartlett also carries milsurps and most of the time the two places are carrying something different from each other.

Posts: 234 | Location: 40 miles east of Dallas | Registered: 21 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Graf & Sons also let you combine powder and primers together in the same package for one hazmat fee. Minimum order of 4# required. They carry just about all the varieties.

Tip: be aware that any backorders will incur another hazmat fee, even for only 1 pound. So tick the 'no backorders' box on the order form or tell the order taker on the phone.

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Born to Hunt
posted Hide Post
I drive 30 miles to Gamaliel Shooting Supply Gamaliel Shooting Supply
I'm not sure how the prices compare if they mail the powder to you, but they are nice folks and they have an 800 number. Ask for Brian.

Posts: 336 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 03 December 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I did check the pricing on Powder Valley and found them to be cheaper than where I am currntly purchasing powder, primers and bullets. The costs were mere pennies. Which brings me to suggest my supplier, Midsouth Shooters Supply, for those that may be closer to Midsouth in TN. For the regular shipping costs will still be assessed in addition to the standard HAZMAT charges that have to supplied. Might save a buck or two in shipping costs.

Midsouth Shooters Supply

Posts: 37 | Location: Evanston, IL | Registered: 03 July 2004Reply With Quote