THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    A Fantastic Experience with Capstone Precision Group!

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Fantastic Experience with Capstone Precision Group!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Clayman
posted
All,

I had an extremely positive experience yesterday I had to share. For those unfamiliar, Capstone Precision is the group that distributes Berger bullets, Lapua, VihtaVouri, and S&K. I contacted their technical support group last year regarding some load data for my 416 Remington Mag. using a stash of VV N133 I have on hand. It seemed like an appropriate use of the powder and I was curious what could be done.

They didn't have any published data for the combination (350 & 400gr. bullets), but their technical support emailed me back saying they'd be happy to work up data and contact me when finished. Figuring this was the standard, "we'll get back to you" response, I filed it away and totally forgot about it. That exchange was in early June 2020.

Yesterday - NINE MONTHS LATER - I got a response that they'd finished with their development work and were ready to share the details with me! Not only had they not blown me off, they did the work and developed the loads! I had to speak with them live over the phone, as they're not permitted to electronically transmit unpublished load data (makes sense) and spoke to a polite and like-minded "shooter". A few minutes of short transcription later, I had my data.

I told the representative on the phone I'd almost totally written them off because of the time. He apologized to me for taking so long (!) and said they were working through a backlog of stuff from the crappy year last year. He commented, "At the end of the day, we're just shooters helping other shooters." I couldn't have said it better myself.

This kind of customer service and dedication really stick with me. It's a great experience that warrants sharing with all of you. They just went up a few notches in my book. I won't soon forget that.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Gilbertsville, PA | Registered: 08 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks.

I'm a strong believer in supporting organizations and individuals who provide excellent service.

And I can't think of better support than to publicize the nature of their excellence on a forum like this.

Posts: 939 | Location: Grants Pass, OR | Registered: 24 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Clayman. That is a good post. Support the business that deserve it.

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3407 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote