New
Find
Notify
Tools

Belding&Mull
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Do any of you guy's still use one of these powder measurers? I picked one up today but would like a different drop tube for it. I seem to remember an article I read a while back that said they were still in business, or some one had taken them over. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Jeff

Posts: 655 | Location: Kansas US of A | Registered: 03 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsh:
Do any of you guy's still use one of these powder measurers? I picked one up today but would like a different drop tube for it. I seem to remember an article I read a while back that said they were still in business, or some one had taken them over. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Jeff

As far as I know they are out of business or if in business don't make any parts for the measurer. You might want to go to benchrest.com and ask if anyone has an extra tube. You see a B&M every once in awhile coming up for sale. I've had mine along time. Well good luck!
Tom

Posts: 1098 | Location: usa | Registered: 16 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Try Vega Tool Company, they were remanufacturing the old B&M measure

(303)530-0174

Posts: 77 | Location: W. Branch MI USA | Registered: 22 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. I might just fire up the lathe and mill and see what I can do. Thought if some one had parts avaliable it would be quicker.
Jeff

Posts: 655 | Location: Kansas US of A | Registered: 03 March 2002Reply With Quote
<Dave Iams>
posted
I just bought one a couple months ago after looking for years. My dad has one(he bought in the early 70's) and they are beyond a doubt the most accurate measures ever made. I found mine on Gunbrokers. It was in new condition and had both tubes with it(standard and micrometer). If you need copies of original paper work that came with it, e-mail your address. A chart comes with it that list all of the settings for alot of different powders when using the micrometer tube. Very close to what my scales says when weighed.