New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Vihta Vuori VS Reloder/IMR/Hod powders
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have to order Vihta Vuori powders as they don't sell them around here and they are a little higher priced. I have the VN110 pistol powder and three of the 500 series powders and like them all fine except I had to pay a little more for them.

On a recent powder order to Natchezss, I ordered a can of N133 to try with my main order of the sale priced 8lb jugs of the AA4350 & 4064 along with the AA2230-C. They called me back (I ordered online) and said they couldn't ship the Vihta Vuori powder because that company had not filed the proper papers for explosive in the USA and that they were not going to order any more of that brand till the proper papers were filled out. I said to skip that can and send the rest of the order. They did. BM

Bill

Posts: 128 | Location: Hensley, AR | Registered: 05 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My 280AI loves VV N-165 with a 140nbt on top. Thats my paper punching load. Am awaiting shipment of 140AB to load for hunting. Am also gonna work up a load for the 140TSX...but my powder will either be IMR 4831 or Rl 19. Savin the VV for the plastic tipped stuff.

one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Here is where I have gotten my VV powder from for the last few years:
http://www.eabco.com/VVuori02.html

Quote from the EABCO site:

Sorry, we're only accepting Back-Orders at this time. VihtaVuori HazMat is being re-classified by DOT and we don't expect to be shipping until late Fall.
< !--color-->

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
While Vihtavuori powders may not be all that popular with big bore shooters, they still have a pretty good following.

They are a little expensive and the smallest container they come in is 2 pounds. But, they are very good powders that burn very cleanly and are very consistant.

In the 22-250 I find N 140 to be an almost exact match to Varget. In the 223 Remington N 130 and N 133 give great results.

I know a BUNCH of pistol silhouette shooters who shoot nothing but N 135 in their 7BR pistols and nothing but N 110 in their 44 magnums. N 135 shoots so well in my XP-100 pistols chambered for the 7BR that I shoot nothing else.

I have to admit that I simply have not tried any Vihtavuori powders in my big bore rifles, but for the smaller rifles and for pistols it is great stuff!

R F

Posts: 1220 | Location: Hanford, CA, USA | Registered: 12 November 2000Reply With Quote