New
Find
Notify
Tools

270 win 150 gr Sierra RN
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anybody have opinions on this RN bullet?

Posts: 3994 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Scout Master 54
posted Hide Post
I am a big .270 fan but never tried the 150 RN. I have always went with the spitzers for the long range thing. Federal loaded the 150 RN years back, sorry didn't use them either.

Scout Master 54

Posts: 332 | Location: Western CT | Registered: 10 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It will never fail you, great deer and suitable elk bullet....Sometimes they arn't too accurate in some guns...Used them in the old days. Quit being a cheap skate and buy some Nolsers [Wink]

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I used a couple on blactails in Washington state. Loaded em down to 2500 fps and they worked just fine, never recovered one.

Posts: 2899 | Registered: 24 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ray:

I've used the 150 Nosler, and was not overly impressed, just came upon some "cheap" 150 RN Sierra's that shoot really well, so I thought I might give some a try on Plains game.

Posts: 3994 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Terry Blauwkamp;
Since they shoot well in your rifle, by all means use them!
They're real "Thumpers" they just don't hold their velocity like a spitzer or spitzer boatail does at extended ranges.
Do your part and they will serve you well! [Wink]
You'll be wishing you loaded up on them, because they've been discontinued in the Sierra line. [Frown]

[ 10-29-2003, 02:03: Message edited by: Marsh Mule ]

Posts: 588 | Location: Central Valley | Registered: 01 July 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I use the 150 sierra RN and Love them
No deer run-aways [Smile]
I also use the 150 hornady and great results also
My savage 110 loves both
56 grains of reloader 22 with cci large rifle primer

Posts: 2 | Location: SC | Registered: 29 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree with Ray, buy some Nosler partitions and enjoy a bullet that has been the standard for years. [Wink]

Just the way I see it,,,,, [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 79 | Location: Colorado (out in the sticks) | Registered: 08 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A Nosler partition will never be a wrong choice.

However, being a Round Nose fan, they are a cost effective alternative to a partition, if long range is not an issue.

If you love Round Noses, particularly in 270, you better stock up. Both Sierra and Hornady have quit making them. [Mad] [Confused]

Not enough of we hunters buy them any more. We seem to want a new bullet each season, to be trendy.

As for me, give me the old stuff.
[Razz] [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote