Notify
Tools

9mm bullets
 Login/Join

posted
which weight are most accurate and does any one have a favorite load

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know which bullet weight is most accurate or which brand or style. But I will give my experience with 9mmLuger. I think the designer had 115 grain bullets when he first developed the cartridge and they work great in this caliber. My first go-to load was 4.8 grains of Alliant's Bullseye and there was nothing wrong with this load but I got bored and found that 6.5 grains of Alliant's PowerPistol worked just as well and maybe the action of the two pistols I loaded for worked a little smoother with the PP load. I never chronographed either load and don't have a clue what the velocity is. If I had to guess, I would say they are zipping right along about as fast as a bullet from this case should. Hope this helps.

Dennis
Life member NRA

Posts: 1191 | Location: Ft. Morgan, CO | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
Alot of guys find the heavier bullets abit more accurate than the lighter ones. FWIW, I pretty much settled on 124gr for practice & SD/HD.

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like 140 gr for my tarus it shoots the best. I even use cast bullets in 140 gr its more accurate for me

Posts: 170 | Location: ky | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i have been using remington 115 grain hp bought in bulk with 5 grains of imr PB for years so don't know much about other loads, bulk remington bullets let me shoot more without the hassel of lead bullets.