Find
Notify
Tools

Need ballistics program
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of BwanaBob
posted
I am looking for a ballistics program that will calculate maximum range for all sporting calibres up to, and including, monsters such as 4 bore and from all of the usual ballistic inputs (such as velocity, BC, etc) but also including the elevation that the projectile is fired at (Quandrant Elevation).

I need this because here in NSW (Australia) we have a problem where the police have banned the use of cartridges greater than 8mm on most rifle ranges. Accordingly, I am writing a submission, using the police's own methodology, to show that big game cartridges do not pose any more danger than do the military cartridges that the range safety templates are based upon. To do this, I also need to construct range safety templates for big game cartridges but the range safety templates, that the police use, are based upon the maximum range that is achieved at certain QEs (and not the absolute maximum range).

Anyone know of a program that will give me the data I need (i.e. maximum range for input QEs)?

"White men with their ridiculous civilization lie far from me. No longer need I be a slave to money" (W.D.M Bell)
www.cybersafaris.com.au

Posts: 909 | Location: Blackheath, NSW, Australia | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BwanaBob
posted Hide Post
BTT

"White men with their ridiculous civilization lie far from me. No longer need I be a slave to money" (W.D.M Bell)
www.cybersafaris.com.au

Posts: 909 | Location: Blackheath, NSW, Australia | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have you looked at this:

http://www.eskimo.com/~jbm/calculations/maxdist/maxdist.html

analog_peninsula
-----------------------

It takes character to withstand the rigors of indolence.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Dallas, Tx | Registered: 02 June 2006Reply With Quote