THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Need hepl getting 95gr V-MAX's to group in my 6.5

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need hepl getting 95gr V-MAX's to group in my 6.5
 Login/Join

posted
I'm having no luck getting these dam things to group,The gun is a sporterized M96 swedish mauser. The gun shoots 100gr nosler BLTPS under 1/2 inch group,and same as barnes,even shoots 85 sierra HP's in a tight group. All load's use 50gr IMR 4831. these V-max's shoot a 5 inch group. Anybody load these I need some idea's.

one of us
posted Hide Post
How far are you seating the bullet out?

Secondly, skip H 4831. Try a mid range powder, like IMR 4895, 4064, 3031, RL 7, RL 15 or Benchmark.

I tried a lot of different powders, and no luck. I have had the least accuracy luck with the 95 grain Hornady over ANY 6.5 bullet that I have used, in any 6.5! 4831 did not do well in my 6.5 x 55s with that bullet, nor did 4350 either, or RL 19 or Rl 22.

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of todbartell
posted Hide Post
I'd try Varget or RL15, and try a different seating depth.

Posts: 857 | Location: BC, Canada | Registered: 03 November 2001Reply With Quote