Find
Notify
Tools

7br sizing
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of bigbore50ak
posted
i tryed to set up my full lenght sizing die so when i size a case it is flush with the barrel.(t/c encore) but every time i get screw the die in so far it puts a dent in the tapperd part of the case just like if it had a piece of media in it. ive also seen it make it wavey and it isnt in the same spot either in conjuntion with the die. this is the only barrel ive ever had to high of pressure with to were the primer would blow into the firing pin hole and had to work to get it open and it was even at a max load. anybody have any ideas for me? thanks alot jason [Confused]

Posts: 142 | Location: indiana | Registered: 24 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If there isn't anything in the die causing the dent in the shoulder, sounds as if you're using to much lube on the case. AFA too much pressure, a max load in my XP may be over max in your Encore; or vice versa.

HTH,

Eddie

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Many companies instruct you to thoroughly clean the die before using as polishing compound, lube, etc. can become entrapped in the die body and can cause exactly what you described. As to the other situation, we need a little more info as to the exact load & more details on the fired case...

Posts: 9412 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote