New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nosler 8mm 180g ballistic tip?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
How many shooters of 8mm-06, 8mm Ackley Imp. and 8mm Remington magnum have used this bullet? What has the accuracy and terminal performance on game been like? I am especially interested in game larger than deer.

Posts: 314 | Location: Abilene,Tx. USA | Registered: 21 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have tried these in the 8mm06 the 8x68 and the 8mm Rem. They open up real quick. In the 8mm 06 it would make a good bullet for lung shots on deer. In the 8x68, 8mm Rem or any other 8mm mag it is a bomb! If you want hunt something bigger than deer I would suggest you move up to a 200 gr bullet.The Speer works OK especially in the 8mm06. The 200 gr partion,Swift A-frame or the X are all better choices for the big 8mm cartridges.

Posts: 2442 | Location: manitoba canada | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply Snowman. The jackets of bullets 8mm and up were supposed to be much thicker than the .30 and under crowd, but from what you said I would hesitate to use them on elk, moose or bear. It is hard to beat the 200g partition on a hunt that one has saved for that might be a once in a lifetime dream.

Posts: 314 | Location: Abilene,Tx. USA | Registered: 21 October 2000Reply With Quote