Find
Notify
Tools

When will the SAUMs be in gun shops?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of LongDistanceOperator
posted
None of the local shops(Dallas area) have them or know when they will be released.

Some folks are talking about necking down the 7mm to 6.5 for a long-range cartridge. It's already shorter than the WSM case. I wanna get my grubby paws on one just to check it out.

Posts: 7590 | Location: near Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: 15 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
I helped put together one in a Model 7 for our RMEF Banquet over the weekend. They are out there. FWIW, Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
<danev2>
posted
Can you fill me in on this SAUM thing, I'm guessing from context that is some short-fat cartridge like a 300 WSM.
Oh and while I'm asking questions what's a 300 RUM look like?

one of us
posted Hide Post
The SAUM is a child of Remingtons UltraMags. Stands for Short Action Ultra Magnum. As for what the RUMs look like... think of a big long peice of brass with a little 308 caliber bullet sitting on top.

Here is a pic on AccurateReloading.com

Posts: 593 | Location: My computer. | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Think 404 Jeffries brass necked down to 308 for the RUM, and a short version of that for the SAUM. The SAUM is slightly shorter (About .10") than the WSM. The WSM is based on the 348 Win brass with the rim removed. - Dan

Posts: 5285 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LongDistanceOperator
posted Hide Post
OK. Can someone send me a piece of SAUM brass? I still can't find it locally. I would be more than happy to pay for it.

On a sorta related note- Are there any STORES (i.e. the drive there and walk in type) that carry BR quality ANYTHING? Must I mail order everything I buy?

Posts: 7590 | Location: near Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: 15 December 2000Reply With Quote