New
Find
Notify
Tools

110 GRN BARNES X IN 243
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anyone have any loading info on the 110grn Barnes X in a 243 Winchester?I use this bullet alot in my 300 Win mag and 416 Rem mag and have had excellent results.

Just thought it might really put the hurt on whitetails and smaller African antelope, when spit out of my Mauser custom built 243.

Posts: 61 | Location: Omaha, Nebraska, U.S.A. | Registered: 21 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I never heard of a 110 grain .243 x bullet but maybe it's out there somewhere. I have a .243 that loves the 90 grain xbullet----that bullet is so long it really takes up case room. I can't imagine wanting a longer bullet--ifthe pedals peel back to the bottom of the hollow point cavity you'd still have one heck of a shank pushing it. With the barnes bullets being so long I would work with lighter bullets and be happy that you are picking up some "speed" to drive them through better. Just my opinion.

Posts: 2002 | Location: central wi | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
When did Barnes start making a 110 grain .243 x-bullet?

And please tell me, that if they do make it how the hell you "...use this bullet alot in my 300 Win mag and 416 Rem mag and have had excellent results."

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Relax Steve, I think he was talking about the Barnes X-bullet in general, not the 243/110 specifically in 300/416.

I have not heard of a 110 grain 6mm X-bullet, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. As long as the X is for its' weight, you'd probably need 1 in 6 twist to get it to shoot [Wink] .

Bill

Posts: 1169 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 January 2002Reply With Quote
<Loren>
posted
Barns makes their original jacked lead bulet in 115 g for .243.

My rifle has a 1:9.25 twist. Would that work with the 115g Barns original?

What twist would be requried to stabilize a 110g X in .243?

<leo>
posted
Loren, I don't think there is a 110 grain X-bullet in .243 but a 1 n 9.25 twist should stabalize the roundnose 115 grain Barnes Original.