New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lobby Nosler for non-moly Fail Safes
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I would love to try fail safes but don't want to mess with moly as I also want to be able to shoot other non-moly bullets.

I wish Nosler made non-moly versions of fail safes like they do with the Partition Gold. Mike in customer service said the non-moly Partition Golds outsell the moly version. Should be easy enough, no extra steps, just ship them out before they coat'em.

What do you say we all put in a call or two to Nosler (800 285-3701) to lobby for non-moly fail safes? I put a call in to John Nosler, head of marketing. Had to leave him a voice mail message (he was out hunt'in!).

It is amazing what a little feedback can do with a good company that listens to its customers.

Posts: 56 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 12 February 2003Reply With Quote
<rws2>
posted
I think the reason they are coated is because they are sticky and need it to reduce pressures.I read that or heard that somewhere but can't remember where now.

one of us
posted Hide Post

[ 08-01-2003, 14:53: Message edited by: Johnny Ringo ]

one of us
Picture of RSY
posted Hide Post
You're probably barking up the wrong tree.

I don't know who makes what of the Combined Technology bullets, but the FailSafe was originally a Winchester bullet. And, as such, is probably still made by Winchester.

RSY

Posts: 785 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brad
posted Hide Post
This week I shot 180 Failsafe's, 180 Hornady's and 180 Partiton's into nice little groups from my 06' without cleaning between changing bullets... Moly, no moly... I doubt it matters.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I think Nosler makes them. I'm pretty sure I've seen them for sale as seconds non-moly coated at their facility in Bend.

[ 08-01-2003, 08:28: Message edited by: micmac ]

Posts: 198 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 05 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Winchester designed and was selling the Fail-Safe before the partnership with Nosler ever came about. If anything then Nosler probably coats them. Sean

Posts: 537 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 04 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I wish Nosler would come out with a non-moly Partition Gold in 375 cal.... 260gr and 300gr.

God Bless America!

Posts: 193 | Location: AR | Registered: 11 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Winchester makes them. Lobby winchester for the change. I agree that they need to get rid of that crap.

John Barsness and Ross Seyfried both remove the moly from the Failsafes that they shoot.

Chuck

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote