Find
Notify
Tools

11mm Mauser Loads Wanted
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Nitroman
posted
Looking for anyone's smokeless loads for the 11mm Mauser in the 71/84 rifle.

Thanks.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Posts: 1844 | Location: Southwest Alaska | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use IMR4198, 29-34 grs, depending on bullet weight. I have used other powders as well. Basically, 45-70 loads can be used, as long as the loads are for the low pressure (18,000psi) 1873 (trapdoor) Springfield. There were two articles in Handloader Mag on loading for the 43 Mauser, #217 (June 2002), and Jan-Feb, 1970. You might be able to get back issues from Wolfe Pub, if not, PM me and I'll be happy to send you copies.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Nitroman
posted Hide Post
Thank you sir. I will call them tomorrow.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Posts: 1844 | Location: Southwest Alaska | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote