New
Find
Notify
Tools

.458 Lott and Barnes Banded Solids
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just got a box to try out, but can't find any loads for the 500 grainer.

Does anyone have any loading data for this?

Thanks

Jerry

Posts: 659 | Location: "The Muck", NJ | Registered: 10 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KennethI
posted Hide Post
I e-mailed them with that question. This is what they had to say : "We are recommending the regular X Bullet and Solid load data for the Banded Solids. This will give you several loads to choose from with the #3 Barnes Manual."
Hope this helps.
Kenneth

Posts: 238 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 22 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When using Woodleigh 500 grainers in my 458 Lott I like 84 grains of IMR4320. But I generally do not use Barnes bullets so I do not know if that load will work with a Barnes.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
KennethI, I just got that same info from Ty Herring at Barnes. Thanks

500G's, Thanks for yet another load. I think I'll make a post request for everyone's favorite Lott loads. I'm still fiddling around, BTW my CZ will be 1 year old on the 24th of April. Thanks

Jerry

Posts: 659 | Location: "The Muck", NJ | Registered: 10 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The barnes solids I use are the Monolithic metal...same type I assume.
Anyway when these are loaded you get less case capacity due to more bullet behind the cannelure. I think instead of 84 gr of 4320 you might want to start with 79 and work up.
I use 81 gr IMR 4320, WLR primers, Hornady brass. FPS= 2190

The damn things will go through a oak tree you can't get your arms around, exit and go through the thigh thick pine tree behind it.
they work great on squirrels....Smiler

Posts: 333 | Location: Columbus GA | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote