New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are 223 brass and bullets hard to find?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My local suppliers are advising me they have not been able to buy neither 223 brass nor bullets, as all supplies have more or less dried up. Has anyone had the same experience?

Posts: 106 | Location: Ontario | Registered: 04 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Once fired brass is pretty easy to find right now. Check http://www.brassmanbrass.com/inventory-001.html

http://www.wideners.com/itemview.cfm?dir=278|281|293|324|696 has both bullets and once fired brass in stock

New brass is a little scarce, but it's out there

Posts: 139 | Location: Fairmont, WV | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
There is tons of it in Vietnam. I'm surprised some enterprising soul hasn't developed a plan to mine it, clean it and sell it back to us. Big Grin Really!

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've heard that also, but I don't buy new brass so I don't know. I do buy once fired military brass, and haven't had a problem.

As long as some liberal politician doesn't screw it up, and the Army and Marines are still training, there will never be a shortage of once fired 5.56 brass around. Pull a watch or two at an ammo dump on Fort Benning and you'll see what I mean. The stuff was kept in dumpsters.

Posts: 226 | Location: south carolina | Registered: 05 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is my understanding that there is tons of 223 brass in Araq and Afganistan and that they to might starty selling as it has become their highest valued natural resource.
Langshot

Posts: 322 | Location: Youngsville, NC | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I haven't noted any shortage yet. Lots of both in the reloading room.

muck

Posts: 1052 | Location: Southern OHIO USA | Registered: 17 November 2001Reply With Quote