Find
Notify
Tools

1 Pound is Equal to How Many Grains ?
 Login/Join

<Dmacsimum Velocity>
posted
Guys,
I've tried to search for this equation formula but, to no evail, I just could not find it. If someone could give me this figure, it would be appreciated? I'm trying to figure out EXCATLY how much per round I have reloaded is costing me of the products I have used. I have kept track of 1 pound of IMR 7828 powder and it loaded around 60 rounds of 300 Wby, and 28 rounds of 300 Win Mag, but having the equation of 1 pound equals to how many grains would be a lot easier. [Razz]
Dennis

one of us
posted Hide Post
There is 7000g in 1 pound

Posts: 265 | Location: south texas | Registered: 30 November 2001Reply With Quote
<Dmacsimum Velocity>
posted
CropDuster,
Thanks a bunch ! You've made my day !!!!
Dennis [Big Grin]

one of us
posted Hide Post
For future reference, here is a an excellent site that pretty well covers the territory for most conversions, except currency. [Big Grin]

http://microimg.com/science/length.html

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted Hide Post
7,000 grains per pound.

Here's a bit of trivia. "Grains" comes from ancient times when grains of wheat, which are remarkably uniform in size and weight, were used as the method for weighing prcious metals and stones..

Posts: 1964 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the "convert it" web site. I've got an electronic scale that weighs in "D" (whatever that is) grams and ounces. The web site appears to give me the converson I need to change it to grains to weigh cast bullets.

Posts: 27 | Location: Speedway Indiana | Registered: 27 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
could "D" perhaps be drams?

Posts: 323 | Location: N.Central Texas | Registered: 28 December 2002Reply With Quote
<Maj Dad>
posted
Thanks to Pa. Frank for the quote from Sam Adams - very timely, and rings true today...
Maj George Jacoby
Shaw AFB SC