Find
Notify
Tools

Cleaning a tumbler
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted
I've had my Lyman case cleaning tumbler for a number of years and now have a layer of black crud caked on the inside surface of the bowl. Any secrets to getting rid of this easily?

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I cleaned mine with 409 brand household cleaner/degreaser.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I usually have to scrape mine down with some kind of tool but I don't know of anything that is quick fix. I have read on this forum that you can shred up a paper towel and put in in when you tumble will help collect the dust. I also read that you can put a sheet of Bounce in it to collect the dust.
Good Luck
Larry

Posts: 75 | Location: Ashdown, Ar | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
I use either 409, Dawn dish soap or my favorite is Purple Cleaner. Then I throw it in the dishwasher, and when it is done wipe it with a static-free Cling sheet.

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a winner to me.

Larry

Posts: 75 | Location: Ashdown, Ar | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wink:
I've had my Lyman case cleaning tumbler for a number of years and now have a layer of black crud caked on the inside surface of the bowl. Any secrets to getting rid of this easily?

Hot water, detergent and a brush!

Posts: 157610 | Location: Ukraine, Europe. | Registered: 12 October 2002Reply With Quote