New
Find
Notify
Tools

MRX bullets
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone read field reports with the new MRX bullet? How did they perform on game?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
They're great if you like to throw dollars at animals. The MRX is just barnes way of saying a pure copper bullet isn't worth a shit,so lets place a polymer tip that forces the bullet to expand and add a tungsten core to it. Sell them in packs of 20 to better sodomize the customer.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Barnes will BAG a ton of shooters with this new MRX bullet - trust me. Personally, I'm waiting for the uranium-depleted delux bullet before I bite.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sledder & Ackley,

Couldn't agree with you more. I'm sure their bullet will be a great seller and the shooting public will delight at their game getting capabilities.

They've managed to take an inexpensive 100 count box of copper bullets and turn them into an expensive smaller, & smaller & smaller count box of bullets.....hmmm?

bewildered

Their marketing guys are brilliant and the consuming shooting public continues to soak it up.

I'm just curious when they'll start selling them singley - only $3.95 each.

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
At roughly a dollar each, if they work on game like they do on your pocket book, Barnes has a winner.

For North American game there are clearly better economical choices that have been cleanly killing game for decades.

Free men should not be subjected to permits, paperwork and taxation in order to carry any firearm. NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1652 | Location: Deer Park, Texas | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
at $20 for 20 bullets, i'll pass. i get upset paying $27 for 50 TSX bullets. the pictures i've seen in the gun rags, these bullets look like ABC gum after expansion tests. i prefer some shank to be left after the bullet stops. MHO

Posts: 74 | Location: East Kentucky | Registered: 22 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
Got mine from wholesale hunter. They were backordered but still arrived within a couple of weeks.

I got the 180's for my 300 ultra.

WE'LL SEE.

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!

Posts: 9823 | Location: Montana | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote