New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jamison International Brass
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone have any experience with Jamison International brass? Is it good quality? It's really reasonably priced. I'm looking for .416 Rigby brass.

KDM Custom Bullets

Posts: 61 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 14 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes, I find it to be the same basic quality as the BeLL Brass from Mast Technologies that it replaced. Mind you I have only used the .470 NE and the .500 NE brass.

Geronimo

Posts: 816 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Geronomo,

And you found the brass to be good quality? I've never used Bell brass before.

KDM Custom Bullets

Posts: 61 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 14 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BeLL has been excellent in .470 NE. No experience with other stuff.

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes, BeLL was kind of the go-to brass most of the nitro express users were using for several years. Pretty good brass and at reasonable prices. Most of us were a bit upset when Mast Technologies(BeLL Brass) got out of the business and started only doing government contracts a couple of years ago. However, it was announced that Jamison was buying it's tooling. Most of us took a wait and see attitude. Well, I have been using the Jamison stuff for about a year, and for all intents, I see no difference in it and the old BeLL brass.

Geronimo

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that feedback Geronomo,

That helps me quite a bit.

LD

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Lawndart, a little off topic, but have you gotten your enterprise up and running yet?

Geronimo

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Geronomo,

We're closing in on it. Mainly waiting on the paper work from ATF. There is some real interest out there. I thought there would be, but it is reassuring to actually find some.

We should be able to start delivering ammo by mid summer.

Our model is to have a few different "divisions" if you will:
1.metric European ammunition
2.safari style ammunition
3.sniper type ammunition made to NATO specs, only accurate
4.custom
5.common calibers loaded with North Fork bullets.

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jamison is also on schedule to make new Newton
Brass in .256, .30 & .35 Newton. Midway, Graf &
Buffalo Arms already have it listedm although not
out yet...they say soon...anytime between mid-
April & mid-June.
Best Regards,
Tom

Posts: 287 | Location: Cody, Wyoming | Registered: 02 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
I have used Jamison in .577 Snider and .577-450 Martini and liked it very much indeed. Just got 20 cases in .577 3-inch for the Greener single and it looks excellent as well.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16653 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of flutedchamber
posted Hide Post
I also have used their 577-450 MH brass. Excellent quality and uniformity, not one dented case neck in the bag.

NRA LIFE MEMBER

You can trust the government. Look how well they took care of the American Indian...

Posts: 425 | Location: New Jersey The state sucks, but it's better than living in France. | Registered: 11 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
KDM

I use Jamison brass in my .416 Rigby and have been very pleased so far. Good brass @ a great price.

Steve

Posts: 847 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone!

I just bought 20 and they look great.

KDM Custom Bullets