New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ballistic Programs which one???
 Login/Join

<Matt>
posted
I have a oehler chrony on order, and now am thinking of which ballistic programs to purchase. Any in put on which one a person might look at. are some more easy to use then others.
Thanks
Matt

one of us
posted Hide Post
Only one I have is Pejsa's. I like it fine. Easy to put values in, easy to read & control printout. External ballistics only.

Posts: 2272 | Location: PDR of Massachusetts | Registered: 23 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HuntR
posted Hide Post

I've tried a bunch of them. I like LoadBase the best, and it's free. Stevespages has it for download.

Posts: 179 | Location: Maine | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
<Fireplug>
posted
I like LoadBase very well also, but think that having two to cross check is of some value at least for interior ballistics. My choices are LoadBase and RCBS Load. QuickLoad does many functions, but I found it hard to get started using. I have to qualify this with the fact that although I have been reloading for about twenty years I have only been using this software for weeks.
Fireplug

<.>
posted
Tell me more about LoadBase. I have version 1.0 that I downloaded from Steve's Pages.

I hear rave reviews in here and elsewhere about QuickLoad. I'm more interested in internal ballistics -- pressure/velocity -- than in externals.

Having put $350 into an Oehler chrono, and more into accesories, ammo costs, guns, etc. I don't see the cost of a software program as being anything excessive. I'm not going to shoot up a software program like I am ammo.

------------------
.223 Ackley Improved Wildcat Forum:
http://www.hotboards.com/plus/plus.mirage?who=223ackleyimproved

<toto>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by ricciardelli:
http://stevespages.com/page8b.htm

I still haven't been able to reply without quote. Please forgive. I also am not able to download LoadBase for some reason. Have got to go will be back in a short. fws

<centerpunch>
posted

[ 06-15-2002, 02:17: Message edited by: centerpunch ]

one of us
Picture of bpesteve
posted Hide Post
For inernal ballistics and load development I really like QuickLoad. It also comes with QuickTarget for external ballistics and the two 'talk' to each other very well. It's not cheap, but it is incredibly useful. See the Neco website for a demo and purchase. No connection, I just like it.

Posts: 970 | Location: paradise with an ocean view | Registered: 09 April 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Try "Load from a disk" www.loadammo.com. This a very good program. I use an Oehler 33 that I have had for sometime for input to this program.

Posts: 9 | Location: Goose Creek, S. C. | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
I use DallanC's free Pointblank. Very nice, but I haven't tried the others.

WWW.huntingnut.com

HTH, Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gustavo
posted Hide Post
Fireplug , HuntR

As LoadBase's author, I would like to thanks your nice and positive comments.

Gustavo

Posts: 748 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 14 January 2001Reply With Quote
<Frank>
posted
load from a disc is the one I keep going back to.

one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
Gustavo, I downloaded Loadbase 1.0 from Steve's webpage but can't install it as it keeps asking for a serial nr. How did the others do, any tip ?

------------------
Andr�

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gustavo,

Beautiful program! That must have been a lot of work.

Is there a way to add cartridges to the database? Like my 416 Taylor?

Todd

Posts: 1248 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 14 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Andre,

When I installed it, I had the impression that YOU came up with the serial number -- I put in 123456 and it installed ok.

Good luck,
Todd

Posts: 1248 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 14 April 2001Reply With Quote
<.>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by toto:
quote:
Originally posted by ricciardelli:
http://stevespages.com/page8b.htm

I still haven't been able to reply without quote. Please forgive. I also am not able to download LoadBase for some reason. Have got to go will be back in a short. fws

You may need to update your browser. I had a NetScape 4.7 "stand alone" which was nice, but it won't upload files and a few other things.

The new NetScape comes with advertising "pop-up" screens. Marketing is gonna completely screw up the internet, just like it screws up TV.

Already, ISP's won't let you link -- which is one of the stronger features of the internet, the one that allows you to cross reference information.

Yeah, I know . . . Off topic, but I'm steamin' a bit here . . .

------------------
.223 Ackley Improved Wildcat Forum:
http://www.hotboards.com/plus/plus.mirage?who=223ackleyimproved

one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
Thanks Todd. I did like you said and it worked.

------------------
Andr�

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gustavo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Getzen:
Gustavo,

Beautiful program! That must have been a lot of work.

Is there a way to add cartridges to the database? Like my 416 Taylor?

Todd

Sure, making LoadBase 1.0 was truly a work...for example developing the math models, the database design, etc, etc I don't want to get technical here.

Regarding the possibility to add cartridges, there is on purpose no provision to do that, other than using the Agenda. Hope you can still enjoy the program!

Regards, Gustavo

Posts: 748 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 14 January 2001Reply With Quote