New
Find
Notify
Tools

9X56 MS
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Is loaded ammo available for this cartridge? What bullets does one use (356??) I'm looking at a 1905 that I just love but I do not reload. This rifle is SO nice I may have to start!! Any info on this cartridge would be appreciated!

Posts: 258 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 10 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know if you can by ammo anymore or not, but it is easy to reload for. I have a 1905 that it near mint and so much fun to shoot. I use new 8x57 mauser cases and full length resize them in a regular full length die and then trim them to length. I got my dies from Redding. My rifle has a .358 bore so I not had any trouble reloading for it. Even if your rifles bore is on the tight side, you can use .357 pistol bullets up to 180 grains for you bullets. You can also probably find someone to buy cast bullets sized to match your bore or cast them yourself.
Loading data is avaiable and the cartridge falls somewhere between 35 remington and 358 winchester in power.

good luck!

graycg

Posts: 692 | Location: Fairfax County Virginia | Registered: 07 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

I have two M1905 9x56's. One mikes out at 0.353", and the other at 0.358". For 0.353" bullets, I've used Hawk Bullets (http://www.hawkbullets.com/). In addition, I have two Lee sizer dies - one at 0.356" and one at 0.353" - that I've used to size jacketed bullets down for plinking loads. Other possible sources might be DKT or Huntingtons, but I don't have any personal experience with them.

Tell us more about the rifle!

Thanks,
Chris

Posts: 116 | Location: Washougal, WA | Registered: 26 December 2003Reply With Quote