THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    <<<< Zombies ate brain, need help with 404 J and Norma 203B w/QuickLoad >>>>

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

<<<< Zombies ate brain, need help with 404 J and Norma 203B w/QuickLoad >>>>
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted
Don't ask me how, but I loaded up a batch of 404 J rounds with Norma 203B instead of H4350. At the H4350 charge levels.

killpc
homer

Load from disk shows I will be faster than the H4350 loads, but not obscene (I actually ran some H4350 loads super fast when doing load development).

If someone could run the data through Quickload, I'd really appreciate it.

Norma brass, CCI #250 primers, 3.59" OAL, Norma 203B

Load 1: 380 gr Northfork 1.425" length; 82 grains
Load 2: 430 gr Northfork 1.535 length; 79.5 grains

I ran great with the H4350; 2,315 fps and 2,200 fps for the SS and FPS respectively. I think the Norma will be 150-200 fps faster.

I'm going to chrony some rounds at the range tomorrow, but wanted to make sure I wasn't going to get some crazy velocity and/or pressure first.

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3065 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Austin Hunter I can't help with QL data, however I think 203B is RE-15? If so, there is a big difference in load data between the two, especially in the larger Nitro rounds. I have been using H4350 in .500 3 1/4", the equivalent RE 15 load is over 10gn lower. Having only obtained sme RE 15 recently, I yet to work up and chrono loads.

Be careful.

Best wishes,

Chris

DRSS

Posts: 1940 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hate those frickin zombies... And they keep odd hours.

Posts: 806 | Location: Ketchikan, Alaska | Registered: 24 April 2011Reply With Quote