Find
Notify
Tools

Special order dies at discount?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Guys,

Anyone sell RCBS special order dies at a price less than Huntington's? Their heavy stuff is in the $235 range. Seems a bit much.

thanks,

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
Read "Special Order"...

They are only manufactured when you place an order, and some of them can take up to 6 months to fabricate...

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<reverenddan>
posted
mstarling,

Keep checking the classifeds here and other places, I have gotten lucky in the past.

The other option I have seen people use is the die blanks and have something cut for them.

I know one fellow wanted dies for a .577 Snider. Well RCBS lists at over 400.00 [Eek!]

He got a smith to ream out blanks and now has dies better than RCBS can make.

The classifeds are a good source, many people get tired of shooting big guns.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Midsouth Shooters Supply and they are cheaper than Huntingtons or RCBS. You can order directly from RCBS. 4-6 week wait sometimes less.

Posts: 97 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 17 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much Gentlemen.

It also dawned on me that I should check out CH4D ... and the data indicates that their list is substantially less than RCBS on most things.

Thanks Again,

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cummins cowboy
posted Hide Post
I have been wanting some RCBS 7.5 swiss dies. Does anyone know if you got a set of 284 win die sets and then used a 30 cal neck sizer if this would work or better yet is there a way to make the neck sizer bigger on 284 win die sets

Posts: 1755 | Location: slc Ut | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote