Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

7mag reloading
 Login/Join

posted
i have a ruger mark II that the best i can get is a 1 1/2 group at a hundred yard. does any one know of any thing i can do to fix my problem

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Welcome to AR wyoming boy,

I load for more than a couple .284's but we will need to know all the details first.

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How old? How many rounds down the tube? How hot? Cleaning regimen? What's your bench set up?

Don't forget, lotsa meat put on the table every year with 1.5" rifles. Big Grin

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wyoming Boy Some of the Ruger rifles have a long throatand seem to be a little fussy about what bullet they will shoot . Bullets with a long sloping ogive do not group as tight as some bullets with a shorter ogive.I have found that the 160 gr Speer bullet grouped as well as any bullet in a couple long throated 7mms I have owned. I have also found that IMR 7828 did very well. Start at about 65 grs and work up carefully to a max of approx 70 grs. These were safe in my rifles but no guarantees with any other rifle. I hope that helps.

Posts: 2442 | Location: manitoba canada | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What's the twist in Ruger 1:9.5 or 1:10 ?.

I've got loads for my Mauser , Tikka , Browning .

What's ya goin do with that there bush whacking caliber paper punch or Huntin ?.

If your hunting with it what's the primary animal and do you prefer 140 160 175 grain bullets

in who's brands ?. archer

Posts: 4485 | Location: Planet Earth | Registered: 17 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MickinColo
posted Hide Post
Ruger’s get coppered up pretty quickly. Clean the copper out. Work up a load with IMR 4831 and a 150 grain bullet and be happy the rest of your life. Big Grin

Posts: 2650 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 15 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
I have been using Win780 this spring in my 7Mag and so far like it quite well.

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Faina
posted Hide Post
Hello Wyoming Boy, where are you??
we need more infos to help you!!

Faina

I prefer to die standing that to live in knee

Posts: 181 | Location: Italy ... in the mountains | Registered: 03 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know this is the realoading section but trigger jobs and bedding are often necessary on Rugers. I have done tons of both of these on older and current rugers and it makes a big differance.

Curtis

Posts: 706 | Location: Between Heaven and Hell | Registered: 10 June 2005Reply With Quote