New
Find
Notify
Tools

375 WSM ???
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I know that there is really no need, I love my 375 H&H but... I picked up a handful of 300 WSM brass at the range and played with them neck sizing up, down and all around. Well the 375 WSM looks to be able to seat a 260 gr Partition (which has proven awesome on elk for me from my 375 H&H) to 2.9 OAL (as allowed by the Win M70 short action) with the base of the bullet right at the bottom of the neck. I suspect that 2700 fps or so is likely feasable with this round. Anyone play with one yet or crank it through Quickload or the like???

Posts: 354 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 11 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
Ed,

This cartridge already exists as the .375 Heavy Express Short Mag; you can see the data at the Jim Busha's web site www.heavyexpress.com.

Winchester knocked off Jim's .300 Short Mag as their .300 WSM.

Jim has two versions of the .375 cartridge, one short action and one standard action. There is data there for both.

I just received a .450 Short Mag for testing...jim dodd

------------------
"if you are to busy to
hunt, you are too busy."

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ED...I think you would really need to push it to reach 2700 fps but 2600 fps shouldn't be too hard to reach and that's only 300 ftlbs less muzzle energy.

Hunter Jim...don't the folks at Heavy Express like you?

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote