New
Find
Notify
Tools

problems with norma brass
 Login/Join

<williamhill>
posted
i just order 200pc of norma brass for my 22-250.i am having problems with alot of them not chambering.the bolt will not close..i full lenth resized all brass.i mean out of the 200pc.80 will not chamber.

one of us
posted Hide Post
did you check the overall length?

Posts: 49 | Location: Lincoln,NE | Registered: 10 October 2002Reply With Quote
<eldeguello>
posted
Did you full-length resize all of them before trying to chamber them?

one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
Did you load them, or are these empty cases you are trying to load. If they are loaded, can you measure a difference on the neck dimension (should be about .240 or so).

Have you checked the length of the neck (Case length) of the ones that chamber vs. the ones that don't? Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
<green 788>
posted
Turn the sizing die in an extra 1/2 turn. I know it is probably already touching the shell holder without a case in the die, but I'll bet it isn't touching the shell holder when you put a case in it. The extra tension of sizing the case causes the press arms to "spring," allowing a gap between the shell holder and the bottom of the die. You can see this gap if you take a flashlight and back-light the gap when the press arm is pulled all the way down.

Turn the die in another 1/2 turn or so, and that'll solve the problem.

Dan