THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Re: Anybody tried Reloader 25 out of a 7mm Rem Mag?

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Anybody tried Reloader 25 out of a 7mm Rem Mag?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I shot a little of RL-22 in a 7mm Remington, went back to IMR 7828. Just liked it better...

Posts: 14459 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've used the same load out of my 7 mag the past 8 years, but I'm curious trying out a few new loads this year. Been using Reloader 22, but I've got a Sendero rifle with a 26 inch barrel. I'm wondering whether I might get a little more velocity and increase case capacity to further improve groupings. Any suggestions out there?

Jon

Posts: 165 | Location: mississippi | Registered: 12 March 2004Reply With Quote
<eldeguello>
posted
Quote:

I've used the same load out of my 7 mag the past 8 years, but I'm curious trying out a few new loads this year. Been using Reloader 22, but I've got a Sendero rifle with a 26 inch barrel. I'm wondering whether I might get a little more velocity and increase case capacity to further improve groupings. Any suggestions out there? Jon

I have gotten great performance with 175-grain bullets from my 7 Mag. using IMR 7828 - what do you mean by "increase case capacity"??

one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
I do not think you'll gain enough velocity to warrant changing a good load. Re22 is one of my favorites as well as H1000 for the 7mag.

one of us
posted Hide Post
My best load for favorite 7mag is 69.5 of RL-25 under a 160gr Partition, 215m Primer. It's a little under max -not much but max for this rifle. Velocity is right at 3000fps. I like this load because in this rifle it has always been very stable. I've chono'd it 10-15 different times with rarely more than 15fps variation between different sessions. In my rifle it shoots about 3/4 MOA all the way out to 300yds, sometimes even better if the wind is light. I think that RL-25 is definitely worth a try in the 7mm Rem Mag with heavier bullets..........DJ

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info, guys.
Steve's pages were great!
'Case capacity' is the wrong term, I meant, 'load density'.

Went shooting yesterday with the old standby load of 150 gr Ballistic tip on 68gr Re22 after having the trigger reworked. 3180 fps with a standard deviation of 8 fps. Ended up with a .35 inch group at 100 yards. Gonna be hard to improve on that too much I suspect.

Jon

Posts: 165 | Location: mississippi | Registered: 12 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i probably wouldn't use the RL25 on anything but 175 grain, maybe 160's. Like some of the rest, I've had such good luck with RL22, I have a year old can of RL25 that hasn't been opened.

Posts: 2788 | Location: gallatin, mo usa | Registered: 10 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It is interesting I have also migrated to RL-22 in my 7 mag using 140 gr accubonds. I also have purchased some RL-25 but I had another caliber in mind. I really like RL-22 out of my 7 mag.

Posts: 492 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 27 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I really like RL-22 out of my 7 mag.

Yea, I love it out of My 7 Mags too. I have started to like it in several Carts. I think I am going to start using it in all of my bottle necked carts from 25-06 on up to 300 Winnie.

Good Luck!

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
<eldeguello>
posted
Quote:

Thanks for the info, guys.
Steve's pages were great!
'Case capacity' is the wrong term, I meant, 'load density'. < !--color-->

Went shooting yesterday with the old standby load of 150 gr Ballistic tip on 68gr Re22 after having the trigger reworked. 3180 fps with a standard deviation of 8 fps. Ended up with a .35 inch group at 100 yards. Gonna be hard to improve on that too much I suspect.

Jon

Ah, so!

Sounds like your load is going to be quite "satisfactory"!