New
Find
Notify
Tools

30 REMINGTON
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Where can I purchase other than old western scrounger? Is there any other company loading this ctg commercially?

Andy B

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member
TDR Cummins Power All The Way
Certified member of the Whompers Club

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
www.buffaloarms.com

They have loaded ammo and brass.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
may find some brass over at Huntingtons if you reload. I have the caliber as well. Housed in a big receiver ie....the Rem. 30 Express. May do a rebarrel job on it before too long, brass is a wee too much of a cost and harder to find.

Posts: 1019 | Location: foothills of the Brooks Range | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It may soon be easier to get. I see, in my new dealers catalog, Rem R15 in 30 Rem. If Rem is bringing their AR clone out in this cartridge then ammo will soon follow.

NRA Patron Life Member Benefactor Level

Posts: 1283 | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The new .30 Remington is different than the old .30 Remington.

Sigh.

analog_peninsula
-----------------------

It takes character to withstand the rigors of indolence.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Dallas, Tx | Registered: 02 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Midway, Grafs, and most others carry the empty brass most of the time (or at least they do when it is being milled). Like many other older, less common calibers, the brass mills only tool up once every few years to produce a batch, and with Uncle Sam spraying half of Asia with small arms fire, the brass mills have been busy producing other stuff than obsolete cases.

Posts: 13247 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by analog_peninsula:
The new .30 Remington is different than the old .30 Remington.

Sigh.

But . . . the 6.8 Remington is based on the old .25/.30./.32 Remington case! Too bad it is shortened so that it is of no use in recreating the old Remington cartridges.

Posts: 13247 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Too bad it is shortened so that it is of no use in recreating the old Remington cartridges.

roger that!

Posts: 1019 | Location: foothills of the Brooks Range | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here we go again. Two different cartridges with the same name. This should lead to some interesting situations.

NRA Patron Life Member Benefactor Level

Posts: 1283 | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
I don't think it's the 30 Remington. If I'm not mistaken it's the 30 AR Remington.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote