New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dillon Precision
 Login/Join

<TWCracker>
posted
We see members asking about what is the best press or reloading equipment. i must confess I use some of everyones equipment. I can tell who has the best customer service. Head and shoulders above rest sets Dillon Precision. I have heard that they have a no bullshit warranty but this is beyond normal warranty service. I e-mailed their sales department stateing that I had lost a part to my 10 year old Dillon 550B and wished to purchase a replacement part. They e-mailed back that if I would send my address they would send the replacement. I did so and the next day I had a second e-mail stated that the part was shipped and at no charge. This is service we do not see today. From this day forth any thing new on my bench will be Dillon Blue.

T. W. Cornelison

one of us
posted Hide Post
I loaded so many rounds on my SquareDeal press that I wore it out. I called and explained what it was doing, and they told me what had happened. I sent them the press and they sent me a new or reconditioned my old one, it sure looked new. They are a pleasure to do business with and their catalogue is a pleasure to receive! Ku-dude

one of us
posted Hide Post
OK, I know Dillon's service is some of the best around, but add to that "Head & shoulders" category RCBS. Their E-mail isn't that fast, but phone in your problem (1-800-533-500) and the package will be at your door free of charge in a couple days. Those two companies have the best CS
that I have EVER seen...

reloader-1

Posts: 270 | Location: Central Pa | Registered: 03 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I currently own both Dillon and RCBS presses. I just bought a new Dillon 550 and have owned the Rock Chucker for about 11 years. My scale, dies, etc are all RCBS. I just recently ruined a shell plate for the 550 while re-sizing some 309 JDJ's. The case was stuck in the dies so while removing the stuck case I bent the decapping pin. Well I called both for replacement parts the next morning. We'll see which arrives first.

Posts: 183 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado | Registered: 21 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That ain't fair [Wink] ! California is further away than Arizona to VA! Unfair advantage! Let's level the playing field...

reloader-1

Posts: 270 | Location: Central Pa | Registered: 03 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
TWCracker... I use to work for DP on the 550 line as a boy. Mike is such a wonderful guy and its no wonder why he has done so well. You would not believe the overseas sales that would come through that place.

Posts: 2045 | Location: West most midwestern town. | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Russell E. Taylor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TWCracker:
We see members asking about what is the best press or reloading equipment. I must confess I use some of everyones equipment. I can tell who has the best customer service. Head and shoulders above rest sets Dillon Precision.

See the post I just made on my "Page 65!" thread. You're right, Dillon's customer service is peerless.

Russ

Posts: 2982 | Location: Silvis, IL | Registered: 12 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I must say they are GREAT! Anyone who give me a new spring for free rules!! It wasn't defective I just wore the primer cup spring out!! Great Customer service.

Hcliff

Posts: 305 | Location: Green Bay, WI | Registered: 09 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dillion is a wonderful company. I have had the same results with Dillon Customer Service as you. They did, however, let me pay for a replacement decapping pin, but I really had to insist on it, because it was my error that caused the damage.

RCBS, Leupold, Burris and others in the firearms/accessories trade have been equally helpful and responsive to me. Let's face it the industry really reflects well on the shooting community.

Posts: 121 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote