New
Find
Notify
Tools

What can you tell me about. " Bullet"
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Its a Midway bulk package,of 500 ! 22 cal 55 grain sp has the canalear or what is used for crimping , my question, are they any good are they accurate , or did a bargan get the best of me
Thanks
Bill

one of us
posted Hide Post
More info, who made 'em? I've had good luck with winchester 55 sp's and not so good luck with the rem, brand. usually with proper load developement, just about any bullet can be made to shoot.

I've bought the midway valu-packs several time is the past. Makes good blasting ammo.

if you run, you just die tired

It's not that life is so short, it's that death is sooo long!

Speak kindly to me, beloved master. Revel in my unconditional love, and give me every minute that you can spare, for my time with you is short.

Your faithful dog

Posts: 596 | Location: Oshkosh, Wi USA | Registered: 28 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I checked on the 2 I bought they are Hornady
Bill

one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
what caliber?
I have used them in a 22/250 with H414 and H380
Not quiet as accurate as 52gr sierra or 55gr nosler 1:14 twist.
Shot some in a 223 using H335 and varget shot a little better than factory ammo

Posts: 2134 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 26 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You have to ask Midway they looked up my purchace from June they buy from every one so you need to check what your getting that day , They can tell you.Bill

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have shot about a ton of .224 bullets that I have bought from Midway. Rems and Hornadys mostly. Were they one holers? No, but they'd pop a P dog a looooong ways out. Actually that's not true. I bought a 500 sack of 55gr Horns (with channalure) from Midway and they were as accurate as any I've shot. Repeat ANY. I've heard Midways "dogtown" bullets ain't too shabby neither.
Big Grin

Posts: 367 | Location: WV | Registered: 06 October 2005Reply With Quote