New
Find
Notify
Tools

loads with lightweight bullets in 9.3x74R
 Login/Join

posted
Hi!

I am searching load data for the 9.3x74R cartridge using lightweight bullets < 200 grains wave

Has someone already developed such loads?

BR
Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't know if this will help but here is info on loading 155 grain alloy bullet for the 9.3x74.

http://lutz-moeller-jagd.de/9,3-mm/9,3x74R.htm

Posts: 1319 | Location: MN and ND | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Norma has a 193gr factory load for the 9,3x74R.

If you search for their reloading data you might be able to find the powder tney use.

Are you wanting full power loads or reduced loads with the 200gr bullets.

Also is this for a double rifle, and if so do they need to regulate???

What is the load for???

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
active mike,

Welcome to AR!

Lutz Müller, Impala, Jaguar & GS Bullets make lightweight 9.3 monometal bullets for hunting applications that are conceptually designed to flatten trajectory while providing suitable terminal perfomance at increased 9.3 cartridge velocities. At one time some of these manufacturers were also offering loading data for thier bullets but I haven't looked for a while.

The RWS (.364") & S&B (.366") 193 grain Flat Nose bullets are manufactured for the 9.3x72R Forester cartridge. They would certainly make an outstanding "plinking", reduced target or hunting load in modern 9.3 cartridges but hardly suitable for normal hunting loads in the 9.3x62, 9.3x66, 9.3x74R or 9.3x64 at their standard velocities.

Good Luck with your search.

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lapua has reloading data for the 193 grain bullets from RWS and S&B Gerry has mentioned. I use it for roe deer hunting with Vihta N110 but do not get stellar accuracy. Sufficient though for hunting at up to 100 meters. SR4759 works too, by the way. If I remember it well, the velicities obtaimed were around 670 m/s but not very uniform. Filler did not seem to improve that.

On the Norma web site I only find data for the 232 grain Vulcan which in fact is also a light bullet that shoots very well with N140 from my Blaser B95.

Posts: 8211 | Location: Germany | Registered: 22 August 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I was thinking of some sort of solid bullets...about 180 grs

I found some load data from impala using 58 to 61 grs of vitha N133

What do you guys think about this powder choice?