New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bullets
 Login/Join

Picture of .357
posted
Any fellow canadians have good sources for .357 and .40 lead that wont break the bank?
Components from the US are priced well...but the freight/shipping kills a guy !

If you cant behave... be careful

Posts: 10 | Location: Northern Manitoba Canada | Registered: 19 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cast your own.

Posts: 3811 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We live 100 miles from Dawson in Alaska. All my friends in Canada buy ammo, booze, ciggs, often guns, hardware supplies, tools, most everything here in Alaska; avoid all the taxes and increased costs due to higher wages in Canada ect. When visiting me, their big thing is looking through all the sales flyers from Alaskan stores. They often order over the phone and have items sent to my house from stores here in Ak and midway, ect. Then pick up nx time they are down for a visit. Beer is 20 bucks/ case in Ak, 40 bucks/case in Canada. They don't seem to have much of a problem getting it across the border. For as easy as Canadians give taxes to their Govt, they sure are tight when it comes to spending it themselves, ha ha; but how it really is.

Something else, Canada really enforces the import duty at their post offices. Once I sent a couple dvds to a friend in Canada that I had ordered for him from amazon. Not thinking when they asked the value, I said 20 bucks. When my friend received the dvds, his post office made him pay like 15 bucks import duty over my mistake. That has never happened to me here in the USA.

Ya got to have some friends in USA you visit from time to time?

Posts: 521 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 12 April 2010Reply With Quote
Picture of .357
posted Hide Post
Thaks guys....i know casting is the cheapest...(after initial investment)....i'll keep looking....but in the mean time im gonna load some .243 with blue dot! dancing

After reading around here i cannot help myself..

If you cant behave... be careful

Posts: 10 | Location: Northern Manitoba Canada | Registered: 19 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
.357---Some guys that cast want every mold available and all the bells and whistles and will honestly tell you they don't save money casting. Certainly there are start up costs. These can be overcame quickly if you are conservative in your equipment. I'm not saying skimp on everything, just establish needs and wants. If you shoot much, a $50 mold will pay for itself fairly quickly.

Posts: 3811 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote