THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Bench position (seating): traditional vs. directly behind

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bench position (seating): traditional vs. directly behind
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted

"Junk" loads, one directly swapped from factory .243 Win to 6mm Rem, the other a light load for my kids using IMR 4198. Noticeably better groups -- ideal range conditions at 50 yards...

Posts: 4882 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Explain the difference between "behind" and "side" position.

Thanks,

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
I'd noticed, from "Rifleman's Journal" spots (by Jacob Bynum of Rifles Only, Inc. with host Greg Rodriguez, my outfitter) very different shooting doctrine/approach. Rather than orienting oneself in traditional shooting positions, Jacob teaches being directly behind the rifle. In the case of bench shooting, rather than being to the side, seated at a T-shaped table where the gun can roll/flex away from the shooter under recoil, you take a seat directly behind the gun.

Other discipline changes I've noticed are to
(a) shoot after full exhale
(b) pull and hold trigger fully to the back while firing, as part of trigger control and follow-through.

I'll learn more after receiving DVD for Christmas/birthday/whatever

Posts: 4882 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote