Find
Notify
Tools

9.3X62
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted
A couple months ago I asked for opinions for my next couple of projects. Several of you suggested the 9.3X62. Anyway I bought a rifle last week off of Auction Arms and the seller didn't know what it was. It was a MK X with a stainless barrel with brake and was unmarked. He thought it was 338 or bigger. Picked it up yesterday and made a chamber cast last night. It was a 9.3X62. The rifle is an old delux interarms with a very fancy stock and serial # 53xxx. Don't know if I will restock it but will put a GunKote finish on it. Sorry for the long post but, now I'm in need of some load data. Will pick up so Lapua brass. What powder and bullet???

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Page back through the items in this forum to a question posted by Paleohunter on 09-11-2001. He, too, wanted 9.3x62 data, and got a number of helpful replies.

I think you'll find the 9.3x62 a very interesting proposition.

BigIron

one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You got really lucky as the 9.3x62 is the creme de la creme....

Use about 58 grs. of RL-15 for the 286 bullet; about 56 for the 320 gr. bullet; and 58 for the 300 gr. 59 for the250 bullet...

These loads are max in my rifle so start 10% low and work up......

------------------
Ray Atkinson

ray@atkinsonhunting.com
atkinsonhunting.com

Posts: 41892 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Didn't have much of a chance to work up loads. But, needed to try it out. Three different loads of Rl15 and 286 Nosler and all were very acceptable groupings. This rifle will be a keeper.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote