Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Primers
 Login/Join

posted
When, oh when, will we see primers back in the stores?! I'm going into withdrawls!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Your guess is as good as mine and don't hold your breath. I'm glad I stocked up when I did.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1 on that.
Last time my local shop had primers in stock I bought two cases of both 210m and 215m federals.
GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anyone know what's up with primers? I've been looking for small rifle primers for weeks.

Posts: 95 | Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth area, TX | Registered: 12 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
whats up,

there are none to be had at my local shops. Only thing left in cci,remington, federal winchester are pistol primers.
GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think that now that the Democraps are in the drivers seat, there has been a lot of panic buying going on since (and prior to) their November coup. I'm sure there are other factors involved.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of allensee
posted Hide Post
I was in a local store here in VA and there was plenty of everything.

Posts: 78 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 14 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
no shortage of small rifle primers here.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had to drive an hour today to pick up a box of CCI mags when I usually use WSR, all I could find. Seems tough in Dallas area right now.

Posts: 95 | Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth area, TX | Registered: 12 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What's up? Federal got a huge Government contract for primers. So, we come in second.
After that contract completes, we should start seeing Federals on shelves at our local shops.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tommyh:
When, oh when, will we see primers back in the stores?! I'm going into withdrawls!

This makes me laugh.

I wonder if tommyh only buys one 100 pack at a time? Then needs to scramble around looking for more when the next reloading session is nigh. Kinda like the smoker who only buys 1 pack of cigs at a time instead of a carton of 20.

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Four variables guys, there is and has been a war on for a while, actually 2, and 2 still going. Barrack get's his way he may actually help the ammo supplies situation, by pulling us out of Iraq and Afghanistan. 2, there has been mass panic buying in a lot of areas, one local shop owner told me of people buying primers, even though the don't reload, because 'someone' had told them that was the key part that made a cartridge work, that couldn't be replaced if the Guvment made em illegal Roll Eyes

3. It is the time of year when retailers, on-line and bricks and sticks retatilers, cut their inventories way down. It doesn't seem like a lot to us, but if you keep 5,000 in stock most of the time, with rolling orders to replenish every month, that is typically good, but pair it with some agressive buying from your customers, and the fact that the orders may not be scheduled for Oct through Feb anyway, all it takes is for one of us to order 5 or 10k and they are out til the next scheduled buy.

4th, as mentioned, and this is actually tied to number 1, but several contractors have had large military contracts in recent days, and this further depletes availble materials for us citizens.

I personally have been able to find about everything except Fed BR stuff, but haven't looked at all in over 6 weeks.

Who wants to start a hedge fund to back and ammo and components mfg?? Any insurance brokers on the forum? Wink

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote