THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    CHeck out my newly finished reloading bench/ table.

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CHeck out my newly finished reloading bench/ table.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
CHeck out my newly finished reloading bench/ table. More stuff coming in for about 2 more weeks. Tell me what you think about it?

Posts: 68 | Location: Canyon Country CA | Registered: 07 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice,clean and to the point. I like it.

Mausers-When you care enough to shoot the best

Posts: 233 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KennethI
posted Hide Post
Very neat looking. I especially like that powder measure hanging from the wall, may have to change the setup of mine. Smiler

Posts: 238 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 22 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steel Slinger
posted Hide Post
I just built one myself, not nearly as nice as that though. Looks great. Mine was made out of cypress from my family's old saw mill. Wood is kinda warped. Total cost was only about 25 bucks for the hardware though.

One question about your last pic.
Did you forget about muzzle awareness?? J/K
thumb

FiSTers... Running is useless.

Posts: 315 | Location: Fayetteville, Arkansas | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice tool box to go along. Excellent work Adam!

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like it!! I've just go to find one that can be made by a guy who can't drive a nail straight.

Regards,

Posts: 161 | Location: Australia | Registered: 28 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice, and much tidier than my place.

You need more books, man !

-----------------------------
Too bad the only people who know how to run the country are busy driving
cabs and cutting hair. ~George Burns

Posts: 367 | Location: former western part of Berlin, Germany | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i have 2 orders from midway coming in friday, 1 from cabelas and a bunch of stuff from my friends dad for us.

Posts: 68 | Location: Canyon Country CA | Registered: 07 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fine work ! wish you were a neighbor , I could use some advice on how to get mine as neat as yours , It's great to see a young man doing constructive things ! too many don't !

Posts: 497 | Location: PA | Registered: 24 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks good. How'd you mount that powder measure? I don't see a bracket.

Posts: 167 | Location: Rockwall (Dallas), TX | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Very neat looking. I especially like that powder measure hanging from the wall, may have to change the setup of mine.

That is very cool.

Why didn't the rest of us think of that?

-Spencer

one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks very nice!

How stable is it - do the diagonal supports for the bench make it less stable than if you had put on "regular" 90degree legs??

You'll run out of shelf space in no time, so add 2 additonal batches of shelves. One where your bullet charts are currently displayed, and one up to the ceiling. One can NEVER have enough shelves!

Is this bench intended for sitting or standing operation??

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
now you have to figure out how to put additions on. the longer you load the more stuff you will accumulate. I think right at the moment my loading benchs form a big U shape that gives me something like 40' of bench space plus 3 shelves high for their full length. and Im still running out of room.

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 3584ELK
posted Hide Post
I'm with Butchloc on the expansion, but thats part of the fun. Nicely laid out for now. Does your powder measure bounce when metering stick powders? Mine is mounted solidly to the bench with a 2" overhang, and it bounces once in a while. Nice job.

Merkel 140A- .470NE
Beretta Vittoria- 12 Ga.
J.P. Sauer & Sohn Type B- 9.3x64mm
ArmaLite AR-10A4- 7.62x51mm
Franchi Highlander- 12 Ga.
Marlin 1894 CB Limited- .41 Magnum
Remington 722- .244 Rem.
and many, many more.

An honest man learns to keep his horse saddled.

Posts: 597 | Location: Lake Andes, SD | Registered: 15 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 3584ELK:
...Nicely laid out for now. Does your powder measure bounce when metering stick powders? Mine is mounted solidly to the bench with a 2" overhang, and it bounces once in a while. Nice job.
Hey Adam, I also agree it is an excellent start for you.

"3584ELK" picked up on something I was going to mention - Bench Motion. But, you might have a simple way around the issue.

If you have a mechanical Scale: Roll the Tool Box out and clean the top of it off. Then set a "Cooler" on top of it to raise the height a bit. Place a couple of strips of Duct Tape on the top of the Cooler and set your Powder Scale on the Tape.

Your Scale needs to end up close to "Eye Level" when you are Seated at the Press.

If you have an electrical Scale: Just set it on top of the Tool Box so you can look down onto the LEDs.

The trick is to keep the Scale on a non-moving surface.
---

One additional thing, I'd "encourage" you to treat all your firearms as if they are LOADED all the time. Open the Bolt on rifles when you plan to take pictures, and stand at the opposite end.

Nice rifles!

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good looking set up! Only question I have is related to picture #2. Off to the left of your bench. What are those funny looking sticks in that rack all about??? Are the some kind of "trick" cleaning rods???

muck

Posts: 1052 | Location: Southern OHIO USA | Registered: 17 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Good looking set up! Only question I have is related to picture #2. Off to the left of your bench. What are those funny looking sticks in that rack all about??? Are the some kind of "trick" cleaning rods???

That is my second hobby......before shooting im a big game fisherman. I have over 30 rods and 40 reels. Thousands of pounds worth of gear. there is about 5 cabinets full of gear to the left and each has about 7 rods on them.

For the powder measer i think ill put another braket on the bottem to make it rreally firm. The bench is really stiff with the boards resting against the concrete. in the back of the bench it is screwed into the wall with alot of brackets. Alot of pre thinking built this.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wondered why there was not junk cluttering the place, until the last photo. If those are not your grand kids, then you are too young to have as much junk as me.

Posts: 9043 | Location: on the rock | Registered: 16 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
That is my second hobby......before shooting im a big game fisherman. I have over 30 rods and 40 reels. Thousands of pounds worth of gear. there is about 5 cabinets full of gear to the left and each has about 7 rods on them.

Too bad you weren't around 40 or 50 years ago when we had some fish in the Pacific. Frownerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My neighbor has a house in mexico i goto and i goto cabo. There are fish here, just a problem finding them. The ocean is a large place. I can post pics of all the gear if there is a problem here......I might be only 18 but ive been fishing since age 6, when i caught my first white seabass.

One of Us
Picture of AZ Pete
posted Hide Post
Nice work on the bench. You might find the need to add dividers to brace up your shelves if you store heavy stuff like bullets on them.

NRA Patron Life Member

Posts: 310 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 24 January 2005Reply With Quote