New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for .30M1 Carbine data
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi, I am looking for reloading data for an M1 carnine usine 110grn Bullets and either Winchester 296 powder or South African S265

Anyone???

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As I recollect I used 14.5 grain of H110 for my AMT (handgun). 296 is very close to H110, I believe.
Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
W-296 From 11.9 grains to 15.0 grains
Remington 6-1/2 Primer

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ric Thanks and great website!

Presume CCI small rifle are about the same as the rem primers?

also, how critical is the case length considering the case head spaces on the mouth? Most of my cases mike out at 1.295 which is too long, but short of turning up a tool to shoten them evenly...Have new toy in a country where no factory ammo is available and when I hit town tomorrow want to load up and play!

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
I have never trimmed any of my .30 Carbine cases. Hell, I have never measured them!

I shoot them in a Ruger Blackhawk, a Marlin 62 and a G.I. carbine and haven't had any fail.

I do use carbide dies and a mild taper crimp...

Let me go measure a couple of cases...don't go away...

Okay...I'm back. They range from 1.292" to 1.294".

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Never measured any of mine either, and I shoot a semi auto. Don't sweat it, just shoot.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
reloaders nest .com

Posts: 1461 | Location: maryland / Clayton Delaware | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote