New
Find
Notify
Tools

Experiences with JAX dies???
 Login/Join

<WyomingSwede>
posted
Does anyone have any experiences with JAX dies??? I was told that they are a high dollar die made by Redding. I would appreciate any info on this company or anyone;s experiences with them. Thanks swede

one of us
posted Hide Post
No, but when I was younger I used to drink a lot of Jax beer. It was all our local bootlegger kept.

Posts: 13243 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Stonecreek, I think you and I must be considerably older than many posters here [Big Grin]
Regards, Curley

Posts: 35 | Location: Baton Rouge, La. U.S.A. | Registered: 18 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No, just more experienced. [Wink]

Actually, Jax wasn't that bad. It had a flavor a bit rougher but somewhat reminiscent of the old regional Coors, before Coors went national and changed into just another Budweiser. Oops, there I go telling my age again. [Frown]

[ 05-08-2003, 23:32: Message edited by: Stonecreek ]

Posts: 13243 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've got a set of Jax dies. Older than dirt and wore out. They seem to have been made of a soft steel and didn't have the polish that dies nowadays do. I don't use them anymore - like I said they're wore out. Don't know where I got them but I keep them cause I've never seen another set. Any collectors out there?
PS - JAX beer was terrible, one step above Falstaff and not nearly as good as Hamms or Pabst.

Posts: 937 | Location: Roswell, NM | Registered: 02 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pancho:

PS - JAX beer was terrible, one step above Falstaff and not nearly as good as Hamms or Pabst.

Terrible is a relative term. When Jax was all you could get, you regarded it as pretty good. I will stipulate that on those occasions that our bootlegger offered a choice, it was usually between Jax and Falstaff. In that instance, Jax was most assuredly the drink of choice. Ol' Dragline, as we called our bootlegger, would have been about as likely to have a six pack of Hamms on hand as he would a case of Chateau Mont Blanc '56.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Stone Creek,
In the military we had a term for what you just said. It was "HUAHUH!!!"

Posts: 937 | Location: Roswell, NM | Registered: 02 December 2002Reply With Quote