New
Find
Notify
Tools

Primers available in Dallas
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
They have a good supply of Federal 215 large rifle magnum bricks available at Ray's Sporting Goods across the bridge from downtown. They're not cheap but they are available. Which is more than I can say for any where else I've been in the past year.

Posts: 104 | Location: Texas | Registered: 08 January 2021Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Id like some 210 Federals, as many as I can get!!

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
There are a beaucoup of primers on Texasguntrader.com also but the prices are too high IMO.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you really want something you most likely can find it.

But you will pay dearly for it.

All the I want to buy ammo ads.

Should be titled I want cheap ammo.

Posts: 19617 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Indeed! In the 1980s I was reloading commercially (not anymore; only for myself + close friends) Some guy called + wanted to know I would charge per box 0f 223. I told him $5.00. He had a fit. Well I can get mil-surp for $3.50 a box!! I told him to stock up. He said that he thought that reloading was cheaper. I told him yes it is if you're loading for yourself. And that's the kind of mentality why I won't load for others that I don't know.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I refuse to pay inflated prices, thats for some others...but I have enough loaded ammo to last way longer than I....I will just weather the storm.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One of the regulars on here paid $60/k for
sm rifle primers at Cabela's last week and seems happy to of found them.

I looked at PVI just to see if they had any.
Total out of stock, yet they're priced at $60/k.

With those just a couple days ago. It sure looks like that's going to be the new normal price.

Another on here told me tonight he'd ordered direct from CCI a couple bricks of .22 shells.
$9.99 a box of 50.

My opinion is: There's NFW!

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 6028 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I looked at PVI just to see if they had any.Total out of stock, yet they're priced at $60/k.

Midway lists CCI large rifle primers as "temporarily unavailable" … and priced at $74.99.

I keep hearing that the primer shortage should clear up later this year, but I don't think it will be at last years prices.