THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Re: What external ballistics program should I consider

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: What external ballistics program should I consider
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted
Before buying anything, download the Pointblank program free from Huntingnut.com. It might just do what you need done. HTH, Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Scrollcutter
posted Hide Post
Thanks Dutch. I am using it and I like it alot. Price is damn sure right.

Posts: 1634 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Who was the source that uses a device similar to a hand held calclator that gives the data for use in the field?

In any case I carry a paper runoff of the PointBlank for each cartridge. I stick them in the ammo box and when using that gun I put the copy in my shirt pocket. One of the difficulties of this idea is that the drop is given at each range in inches and I must divide it up in my head for where that particular rifle is sighted in if I am to adjust the scope for a particular range. To be frank I rarely do this and I usually laser the distance, if there is time, and hold off for the elevation and windage.

If there were some stationary game around here like there used to be like woodchucks I would click the scopes off. But most of the hunting now is of coyotes and big game. There is no time to fool around with clicking off with that hunting.

This winter I may buy another program but I have so much junk around here now I can't keep track of it

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote