THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Starting load development 7mm STW and 140grn berger

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Starting load development 7mm STW and 140grn berger
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Harold R. Stephens
posted
Fixing to start on load development for the 140grn Berger Hunting VLD. I am shooting 140 grn Accubonds with 82grn H1000 at the moment, any hotter, then I get pressure signs (sticky bolt) especially in this mild, 100+degree Texas heat. Also have H 4831SC, IMR 7828 and Ramshot magnum, any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Will jam bullets and then slightly back off of lands to just touching so that if I need to eject a loaded round, I won't worry about pulling the bullet and dumping powder into magazine.

Will back off of this and start working up again just don't want to waist to much powder bullets and primers.

Founding member of the 7MM STW club

Member of the Texas Cull Hunters Association

Posts: 512 | Location: Granbury, Texas | Registered: 23 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Harold R. Stephens
posted Hide Post
well it looks like 82 grn H-1000 works for this bullet. I'm going to check it out on some pigs in a couple of weeks.

Founding member of the 7MM STW club

Member of the Texas Cull Hunters Association

Posts: 512 | Location: Granbury, Texas | Registered: 23 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Harold, I'd be interested in hearing how the Berger Bullets perform on the Hogs. Stuff like, did they make an Exit and what happens when a Shoulder is the Entry Point.

What kind of Hearing Protection will you be wearing while Hunting?

Good Hunting and clean 1-shot Kills.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote