New
Find
Notify
Tools

CCI #41 primers
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Are they the end all be all for loading in an AR?

Greg

Posts: 187 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 07 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TEANCUM
posted Hide Post
I bought a load of 1,000 Lake City once fired .223 cases that were sized cleaned and primed about 4-5 years ago before the prices went through the roof.

In the bag that they came in was a box end of the primers that were used in the cases and it said CCI#41. I wasn't familiar with that primer and did some research and found out it's use in the AR's. Those cases and primers have been great in my shooter.

Posts: 1788 | Location: IDAHO | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just bought 2k of these because that's all I could get. So far these primers are producing great ES and SD figures. So good in fact these are now going to be my SR primer for all my rifles

----------------------------------------

If you waste your time a talkin' to the people who don't listen
To the things that you are sayin' who do you thinks gonna hear
And if you should die explainin' how the thing they complain about
Or the things they could be changing who do you thinks gonna care

Waylon Jennings

Posts: 329 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 19 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
But they are becoming increasingly more difficult to obtain. Are they necessary in an AR?

Greg

Posts: 187 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 07 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ive gotten the impression through my research that it's not a matter of if you're going to have a slamfire using STD primers in an AR15, but rather an issue of WHEN

----------------------------------------

If you waste your time a talkin' to the people who don't listen
To the things that you are sayin' who do you thinks gonna hear
And if you should die explainin' how the thing they complain about
Or the things they could be changing who do you thinks gonna care

Waylon Jennings

Posts: 329 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 19 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Powder Valley has Wolf "223 primers". Are they similar in construction to CCI 41?

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have loaded thousands of 223 with Win and Fed primers. Shot in NRA highpower matches. Used several ar-15s. Never had a primer problem.
So no the cci #41 primer is NOT needed for loading rounds for an ar.

muck

Posts: 1052 | Location: Southern OHIO USA | Registered: 17 November 2001Reply With Quote