New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: 220 SWIFT & 50 GR TNT'S
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anybody had trouble reloading once fired Hornady brass . I beleave it is frontier brass 220Swift. Had trouble sticking in FL sizer and pulling the sholderout of the shell holder. Are these brass soft or what I lub with One shot and they still stick.
MTHunter

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like to me, if you are having problems with the base in the shell holder, you loaded the last batch too hot and they expanded the case too much.

If they won't go into the shell holder, then they expanded too much and the primers would probably just fall out once you got them reprimed.

I just had a few Rem 22/250 cases just do that also, but the entire 100 all had the same load, and that load was 5 grains below the recommended maximum!

So if you did not load them too hot, it just could be crappy QC at Rem or whoever made those cases on that LOT number.

Cheers and Good shooting
seafire

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Seafire, it was Hornady ammunition shot it and reloaded it or should I say tryed to load it.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Wonder if it was a tight fit in your chamber that pushed pressures above normal??

seafire

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The box said 55GR. vmax moly coated and gives muzzle 3680 fps. thanks for info MTHunter.