New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another use for a tumbler
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a kinetic watch that I don't wear daily, sometimes several days. I'm told this is the worst thing you can do to one--not wear it. Sure enough the capacitors became flat or whatever they do and it wouldn't accept a charge even after shaking it several hundred times. I put it in a plastic bag and put into my tumbler as a last resort. It charged up and works good as new again.

Posts: 3811 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
dancingIs it true that your self winding watch use to crap out also even when you were waring it?? shocker roger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by carpetman1:
I have a kinetic watch that I don't wear daily, sometimes several days. I'm told this is the worst thing you can do to one--not wear it. Sure enough the capacitors became flat or whatever they do and it wouldn't accept a charge even after shaking it several hundred times. I put it in a plastic bag and put into my tumbler as a last resort. It charged up and works good as new again.

Reloaders are people who never give up and explore all available alternatives. Good thinking!

One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
But if you put it in a plastic bag it wont get polished.. Big Grin

AK-47
The only Communist Idea that Liberals don't like.

Posts: 10174 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote